Monday, July 25, 2011

Terrible, No-Good, Very Bad, Twos

So my golden boy has reached his terrible 2's unfortunately and on top of that we have brought a new baby home which is totally infringing on his mommy and daddy time. Well mostly mommies time considering I'm Ryde's main food source hahaha So to say the least the first couple weeks were a lil crazy and draining!

So my parents were taking the boat out for Big Luke's birthday so I thought this would be a good opportunity to take the boys out in the real world, since we spend a lot of time at home since Ryde has been born. So i get the boys all packed and ready to go to spend the day at Cherry Creek Reservoir. Now this process took about an hour to get them both in swim gear then packing the car with everything I would need to entertain them for around 4 hours I was thinking. So finally we are on the road and I was looking forward to having a beer with some friends while Luke played in the sand and water but boy was I dreaming! As soon as we get there he is in that whinny mood where everything he says has to come out in the whinny voice. Ugh how I hate that, cant you just be in a bad mood but talk normal why does it have to come out in THAT voice hahaha so anyways I was hoping once he was playing in the dirt and shit he would perk up and get in a better mood. Well Luke had other ideas! He was having none of everything and if Pa wasn't focusing ALL of his attention on him he would throw a fit. Of course his Nonnie tries to reason with him when he's in this mood which I try to explain every time there is NO negotiating with terrorists! But she doesn't seem to care and was trying to talk him off the cliff which of course never works. So after only 1 hour at the lake this momma had had enough and it was time to go. There's no reasoning with a 2 year old so he was going home where he can act like a tool all he wants in his room by himself. Oh the joys of parent hood right?!? No matter what plans you have in your head they don't really matter if your 2 year old is not on the same page! I have a feeling a lot of my posts are going to end like this for awhile now :)I managed to take about 6 pics while we were there before we had to leave. He sure is lucky he is so cute!!



Hahaha This is the face that made us leave early







Ryde was pissed that we had to leave hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment