Thursday, February 3, 2011

Its a Boy!!

So Josh and I are proud to announce that we are having another boy!! Josh and I could both tell it was a boy before the ultrasound tech made it official but it’s kind of hard to miss :) Now when she first said it’s a boy I was a lil sad when I realized I will never buy cute lil swim suits and polka dots and hot pink stuff (because I LOVE polka dots! So Josh is screwed and will forever have a hot pink bedroom with polka dots since I can’t have them any where else! He’s a good sport though!) But then flashes of lil girls in middle school flashed through my head from when I worked at a Middle School, with their short shorts and looking way to old for their age and I started remembering what I was like as a teenager and I got over it pretty quickly. I can’t say I ever wanted a sister growing up because big Luke was my best friend but I think that’s because I grew up with Tess so it was like having a sister but Im sure there was a time or two Luke wished I was a boy. So I just think it will be fun for Mini Luke to have a built in best friend. And my master plan of them sharing a room so I can have a women cave in the spare bedroom is all but a reality that is if Big Luke ever leaves (not that I want him too, I love having him as a roomie!) But some day ill have a room all to myself with no boys allowed hahaha and hopefully it’s not a shed out back which Josh proposed when I started talking about this idea. We’ll see!

So now for the name debate! Ugh Josh and I may be ex Life Partners before the next 4 months goes by trying to agree on a name for baby dos! So when I got pregnant with Luke I knew his name was always going to be Luke no matter what and I never thought about what would happen if I had another boy so I didn’t have any “reserves” in my name tank. So here I am 2 years later with nothing, and Josh with a name he “loves” I put loves in quotation because Im not sure he loves it or just thinks its really cool right now. So before I reveal the “name” I want to say Josh has already pulled out the big guns already saying he didn’t get much say with naming Luke so “he just doesn’t get any say in anything” is his argument. Now I can see where he is coming from and that’s why I have let this name stick around and have not totally said hell no yet hahaha. So without further ado the name Josh wants to name our precious baby boy is……Ride. Yep that’s it, just Ride, not Ryder, just Ride. Now I also want to put a disclaimer out there that this name was concocted during a night of drinking with him and my brother. Another factor I have against me as I have no names I absolutely love to throw in the mix, so this weekend I will be buying a stupid name book because the only way to get out of Ride is to have a better option!!! It also doesn’t help that Wendo has been heard saying that the name is growing on her the more she says it out loud, so I have told her to shut it and to stop saying it out loud and to keep her opinions to herself when Josh is around :) Wish me luck in my battle to give my unborn son a normal name!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet baby brother...how I do love you so, but really?? Ride?? Come on! :) That poor little baby! At least nane him Ryder and call him Ride. Idk Val I wish you luck on this battle. Love you guys.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so tough coming up with names sometimes. There is a cool website I found all about cool names for boys and girls. http://www.alternativebabynames.com/ Maybe this can help you guys out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So excited for you guys...your boys will be the best of friends and worst of enemies at time too!! Good luck with the name...I think boy names are SOO hard because you want it to be tough but still a cute baby name

    ReplyDelete