Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hey Big Baby!!

So I signed Luke up for this free class at a little place called Gymboree hahaha not really a little place but whatever. So he was suppose to go last Monday but of course it was a blizzard so I reschedule for the following Monday. And do you think this Monday I was as organized as the last (picking out what Luke was to wear that day to make sure he was in comfy clothes and setting them out for Josh, and packing snacks in his bag since we would be going right after babysitter time) of course not, so I pick Luke up from the sitter hoping he would be dressed semi nice, considering Josh dresses him in the mornings as Im gone for work before Luke gets up, some times it is interesting to see what Josh picks out to say the least. He is a man and as long as it semi fits Luke he’ll put it on him hahha So thankfully he was wearing a hoody and not his skinny jeans.

Side note about his skinny jeans: Ok so I buy his jeans at The Children’s Place because they always have super cute trendy jeans right, well I bought 2 pairs one day that were totally cute but when Luke went to wear them they turned out to be skinny jeans hahaha Now he looks really cute in them but watching him play in them is Ha Larious, he’s like the Tin Man walking around and trying to stand up without bending his knees. So they are more fashionable then functional. Next time I’ll pay more attention but he’s going to wear the shit out of those skinny jeans because they were not cheap and so will baby dos!!

Ok Anyways, thankfully Luke was in some decent attire to tumble around in at Gymboree. So I signed Luke up for the 19 month to 24 month class thinking that would be perfect because he’s 21 months, right in the middle. Well when we got there, there was only one girl there at the time that was really tiny. So I was already worried about Luke being too rough with her. So I tried to follow him around as much as possible to make sure he didn’t body slam this poor girl over a ball or something and hoping some other kids his size would show up that he could play around with. Well 5 other kids show up and for some reason Luke was a Mega Baby. Every single parent asked me how old he was considering he looked like he was in the wrong class hahaha. And I got the same response, “he’s a big boy” the funny thing is whenever we take him to the doctors he’s not “above” average in height or weight so I never think much of it till I see him around other kids. So the teacher started class and he did better then I thought he would with paying attention and doing what the teacher asked and only had a few instances where he man handle some of the other kids on accident not realizing he was bigger then them. So at the end of class I chatted with the teacher about if she thought we should put him in the older class as I didn’t want to offend any other parents with my giant baby. She of course agreed with that idea and thinks he’ll do fine with the 2 years olds so that’s what we will try next week and see how that goes. Till next weeks adventures with big baby, peace!

1 comment:

  1. Val that totally made me laugh because Kayleigh is in the 97% on the charts and EVERYWHERE we go people always say..."she is only 3 1/2 months old? Wow she is huge" Thanks a lot...I love my huge baby! Seriously I think people don't think before they talk sometimes!

    ReplyDelete