Monday, February 7, 2011

Mickey Mouse Magic Show

So Wendo and I took Luke to the Mickey Mouse Magic Show on Saturday afternoon. Now I think Luke has that baby ADD so he rarely sits and watches a lot of t.v because he’s always on the move, but one show that he likes and will request by name is “Mou”. He doesn’t quite have the “se” yet for mouse but he will grab the “mote” and hand it to you and say Mou when he wants to watch Mickey Mouse Club House. So when my mom saw that the Magic show was coming to Denver we bought some tickets to take him. Now Luke is usually a great napper (he gets that from me) and on “mom days” a.k.a the weekend when I have him all to myself because Josh works, dad days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, he will usually take 2 naps for me, obviously because I'm the favorite haha but the one day I NEED him to take a early nap before we leave for the show he is having none of it. Just chatting with his monkeys upstairs in bed which then turns into a baby mosh pit of him jumping up and down and throwing blankets and cups out of the crib. So we opted for no nap before the show, I say we but really mean he, ugh so I was already nervous about his behavior now that he’s a full blown toddler with not so great communication skills and adding tired on top of it in a auditorium with hundreds of toddlers just like him! Quite the opposite of what my Saturdays use to look like! Not to mention it is snowing now! So we make the drive downtown with all the idiots out on the road that still don’t know how to drive in the snow some how after a good 10 snow storms under our belts this winter season. Luke did take a 15 min power nap before we got there which is always appreciated! We found our seats, yep second row from the top hahaha Im thrifty what can I say and we were on the aisle which is always nice. The little things you appreciate now during an outing with a baby tornado! Im not going to lie I was impressed with their magic show hahaha I even found my self asking “how do they do that” and then laughing at myself for being such a tool. Luke did well and was much more attentive this time around compared to the Wiggles concert we took him to a couple months ago and of course was spoiled with dumb over priced toys with Mickey’s face on them. I did feel bad for the kid behind us who asked his good old fashion fun hating mom for what ever Luke got and she would shoot him down every time and in a mean why it was actually a lil uncomfortable at times. I hope when Im two kids in and they are a couple years older that doesn’t turn into to me!!! Anyways, the show was good and Luke loved it, which is all that matters and we got out of the stampede and to our car with only one moment of me getting Billbo pissed (yeah you know when Bill Chavez gets super pissed about something really small, great character flaw I picked up from him) at Wendo because she thought we got off on the wrong parking garage floor so a pretty successful Chavez outing! When we finally made it home I was going to glue Luke’s little light up ball that was on top of this magic wand because it keep popping off but I really had to use the bathroom before I did it and of course while he was walking up the stairs to find me to whine at me some more about his broken wand he managed to rip the wires that were holding the ball on the wand and making it light up damn it. Twenty bucks down the drain which I didn’t mind so much because he was supper upset because he could tell that it was seriously broken. Poor lil man, made me cry too hahahah once again pregnancy hormones, I have no control over them!!! I put him down for his nap and tried to fix the wand but it involved splicing wires and stuff so that was a job more fit for Josh, its always nice to have a handy man around!!! Not that Luke even remembered he owned it once he got up for his nap though. Love my spoiled lil dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment