Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lukes first Rockies game!!!

So I have been a busy bee lately and haven’t got to blog about Luke’s first Rockies game! A couple Fridays ago Wendo, Big Luke and I took Mini Luke to his first Rockies game ever! I had bought him a lil Rockies jersey for his birthday in May thinking I would take him to a few games over the summer and here we were looking at only 4 home games left in the middle of September hahaha I was going to be mad about spending 40 bucks on that mini jersey and he never got to wear it to an actual game damn it!! So I bought some rock pile tickets for us 4 for a Friday night game since my boy is a night owl ;) and the bonus was that it was fan appreciation day (thanks for buying tickets even though we sucked it up this year) so they we doing a firework show after the game! And boy does Luke LOVE fireworks! After the fourth of July every twinkling light in the sky Luke would point and say “firework” so I knew if we could just get him to not act like a toddler tool for the whole game so we didn’t have to leave early he would love it! So since my salty dog would never make it 4 hours without acting like a baby tool we dropped him off at my Aunt Veronicas so she could get her baby fix and that way Wendo and I could tag team Luke at the game! Right before we are about to leave our friends Nate and Heather had offered up some club level seats that she got from her work that came with a sweet parking pass so Wendo jumped on that deal and we upgraded ourselves to club level! They were awesome seats and although we were seating by some Giants fans they were super nice and the daughters loved Luke! We also found out that Meg and Cody were also sitting in club level with the family Meg nannies for so towards the end of the game we went over and sat with them as they were at the end and there were plenty of open seats for the kiddos to run around in. Luke did so well we bought him his own sprite in a big boy cup and his very own cotton candy (that of course Wendo and I had some of, fat kids!) He was so hopped up on sugar he couldn’t even think about having a toddler meltdown and was a perfect lil Angel! So we made it to firework time!!!! He sat on his Nonnies lap and just pointed to the fireworks the whole time and just kept repeating, “cool, amazing, fireworks”. I don’t know what it is but ever since my minions were born experiencing things with them just make everything that much more fun and cooler for a lack of a better word. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure I would have thought the show was pretty sweet pre minions but experiencing it with Luke that night made it fucking bad ass (sorry of cursing)and I of course couldn’t help but tear up as I’m just so thankful for them and just making my everyday life better! So we will for sure do it again next year!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment