Friday, September 9, 2011

SUPER LUKE

How do you make a super hero take a nap!! Haha that was my dilemma on Wednesday when I played hooky from work to hang out with my boys. So Josh has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off so every once in awhile I’ll take a personal day so we can have a “weekend” together. Well this day off consisted of Josh out in the garage working on his 10th Honda (may be exaggerating but you don’t know he may actually be on his 10th Honda people! I never know what he’s doing out there haha) with Luke out there helping (aka making a mess) and Salty Dog and I catching up on our trash t.v. Well it was nap time and Luke came in and I was trying to get him to lay down, but he kept just jumping of his bed yelling “SUPER LUKE” He puts his arm out like you would to give someone a forearm shiver and that’s his Batman or Superman run. I of course couldn't’t resist laughing at this but tried to keep my laughter under raps as I tell him “Lukey its time to take a nap” And as he stands on his bed with his fore arm out he looks at me and goes “but mom I’m Super Luke” and proceeds to jump off his bed. I couldn't’t hold it in any longer and just started cracking up which of course fuels his fire and at this point there is NOWAY he’s taking a nap, he’s freaking Super Luke, and I was no match for him. So instead we played until he felt he had fought enough crime for the day and then decided it was ok to take a nap. He laid down and all he said was “Thanks Mom” and I of course start crying like a big old baby and say “any time Luke”. So I guess I answered my own question, sometimes you have to take orders form a super hero! I think I may get out the sewing machine and make him his own bad ass cape this coming week, what’s a Super Luke without his cape right?!? Ill try and get some video of his superman run but his paparazzi reaction to my camera is only getting worse! All my pics of him lately are of just his hands as he says “no no no”

No comments:

Post a Comment