Monday, April 23, 2012

The Joys of raising boys!

Yesterday we were getting ready to head over to my parents for dinner and Luke and I were putting his pants on in his room (yes the boys are usually pant less at our house and if your a parent and you say your kids are always fully dressed and put together that makes you a liar and you have a nanny haha)when josh yelled up for me to grab Ryde a clean shirt. I am in the closet for not even 2 mins and I hear spitting noises. I come out and Luke has taken the shell of the turtle night light off and was just spitting in it for no reason! I'm like "what are you doing!" And his response was "spitting" well duh haha so i ask "why!!!" and he proceeds to say "cuz I'm a dude" a dude really?!? I had no response for that except for "knock it off and lets go" so on this same trip we are walking by my parents neighbors yard that have some dandelions in the yard and Luke runs over and picks one, not the yellow ones, the ones with the seeds on it and goes "Mommy lets make wishes!" which was so precious! And I thought to myself these are the moments that keep me from "calling in sick" from mommy duty ;) of course it took him 10 mins to pick every single one and to walk one house length but he was digging it. I asked him what he wished for and he just starred at me which made me start laughing because he doesn't really get what wishing is yet but in his mind he made 20!

Naughty Luke



Precious Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment