Saturday, March 5, 2011

Damn you Baby melt downs!

So on my way home form Luke's first Crocodile Rock class this morning, (that we had to leave 5 minutes early from because Luke had a Luke Chavez Blow Up,) I was thinking why your kids melt downs for the most part always seem so much worse then when someone else's kid is having one?
Since this was the first class I wasn't really sure what to expect especially since the age range was from 18 months to 5 years old which is a HUGE difference. It was a pretty good mix of kids of all ages so it was nice that Luke wasn't the only one who couldn't talk really or sit still for that matter. At the beginning of the class another kid was having a melt down about sitting down quietly and what have you and I thought to my self why do i get so embarrassed when Luke acts up, as this women kid isn't bothering me at all, hes a child who doesn't want to sit, I get that haha I don't think shes a bad parent because her kid wants to act like a tool once in awhile, don't they all?!?! So I thought next time Luke has a Blow up I'm not going to get so worked up about it, it happens, its life as a toddler. Welp t-minus 40 minutes later and an hour late for his morning nap, a Luke Chavez Blow Up was in full swing. The lady running the class had brought out all the kid instruments for them to play with earlier and now it was time to put them away. Luke had other plans which did not included putting away the crocodile xylophone he was playing with, hence the beginning of the melt down. As I'm picking him up and gathering his stuff I'm thinking "OMG everyone has to be staring at me and wondering what kind of parenting skills i have" Do i dare look up to see the judgemental stares? I do and find that not one parent is looking at me out of the 20 that were there. And I thought "see no one cares, they all get it" I mean I still made him leave early for throwing a fit but It felt good to be in a place where everyone in the room understood my pain as a parent dealing with a screaming kid. I'm sure everyone in the midst of their child's melt down as felt this way, oh the joys of parent hood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment