Monday, April 23, 2012

Payton Jayne!!!

So my best friend Emilee had her baby on Saturday!!! She was nice enough to let me be in the room and experience child birth from a different perspective even though she's a pretty private person and child birth is a pretty intense and intimate thing but come on we know each others biggest secrets and shared a bed in a living room for a couple weeks for Christ sake haha so as soon as she texted that today was the day I was overcome with pride and excitement, pride you say, haha hell yeah! I was giving myself a pat on the back for picking such a kick ass best friend who was now going to be a more kick ass mom and now we will be able to venture through motherhood together!!! Misery loves company right haha I kid I kid but aren't all things in life better and cooler when experienced with friends and family! Shit I think so, and now our kids will be able to have sleepovers and movie nights and vacations to freaking Disney World and shit and shit, this was a long 9 months for me people ;) so anyway by the time I got to the hospital (Luke was projectile vomiting from drinking too much milk but that is its own post) Em had had her epidural and was comfy, well as comfy as a pregnant women could be getting ready to pop out a miracle, no big deal people! So we all shot the shit and were hanging out impatiently awaiting PJ's arrival. Mitch, Joey and I went to get some Subway around 9pm and when we returned they had broke her water and it was almost time to push this Lil lady out!! Mitch and I got to stay in the room along with Em's mom Laurice and Em was such a rock star and only had to push a lil over an hour. Mitch and I were crying like babies the whole time and holding our breath each contractions as if we were the ones pushing haha but at 11:10 the most perfect lil girl graced us with her presence and I was so over come with joy for Emilee and Mike as I know the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time after 9 long months of sacrifice (mostly on the moms part but dads have their share of sacrifice too) and anticipation of will they be healthy, who will they look like etc... I of course was crying (doesn't take much these days as we all know) and it was such an amazing experience and I am forever grateful that Em let me be a part of one of the greatest days of her life! And I'll be able to tell Payton that I was there when she was born when she gets older and I think that's totally bad ass! I was able to take a few pics of her on her birthday so here they are... You're already a lucky lil lady PJ, you have some awesome parents and an amazing family and an "Auntie" Val who will spoil you forever!!!! I may even let you marry my Ryde pants some day haha Congrats Em and Mike!!!

Last time being pregnant (for the time being haha)



Shes here!!!



Getting Weighed









Everyone is smitten!




Ryde and Luke checking her out :)




Tired boys from visiting Payton!



No comments:

Post a Comment