Monday, August 8, 2011

1 Successful Trip down, 1,000 to go!

So yesterday I got a wild hair and decided that I would take the boys to the water park for a picnic and some outside time considering I was in a full body sweat suit as my house is freezing. I LOVE my central air!! So I start to pack up some stuff as Luke is still napping and get Ryde dressed as they NEVER seem to nap at the same time right now damn it! So when Luke woke up I asked if he wanted to go to the water park that Pa took him to a couple weeks ago. So when I say water park its not like a full blown water park its just one of those at the park by our house that has the kooky pipes that spray water out of them and the kids just run through them. So he of course says NO because that is his answer to everything so I say fine Ryde and I will go with out you haha which always works so he proceeds to start repeating or chanting as I like to call it "water park, water park" So I get him dressed and we are on our way. I stopped to get a sweet tea from Mc D's as I am obsessed with them and get Luke a happy meal for the first time (now he’s had a happy meal before, I just had never bought him one) so that we could have a lil picnic while he played at the park. So we arrive and I pack myself like a mule and then let Luke out of the car hoping he would listen. So I see a tree open by the water side of the park so I set up camp there. Luke sits down for 3 secs and then is off. He didn’t actually get in the water he mostly surveyed the outer perimeter; I was unable to take him out there as I was holding Ryde. So I was standing on the outside and Luke played in the puddles for like 10 mins but didn’t get wet by any of the structures and wanted to just go play on the regular play ground. Which would have been fine but my "camp" wasn’t close enough to watch Luke from so I had to just pack it up a lil and leave it and try and keep an eye on it and Luke at the same time, I do live in A-town people ;) So I make it over to the playground where Luke is running around like a wild man and I start to freak out a lil bit wondering about how I’m going to get him back to our spot and in the car with no free hands! So after 30 mins of him running around all red faced I ask him if he wanted something to drink to try and lure him back to our camp so I could put Ryde in his car seat and wrangle Luke in the Car as it was so hot and he was all sweaty. So thank god he said "cup" and started walking over to get his cup and he sat down and drank it while I packed Ryde up, threw away our trash, and packed myself like a mule again. I told him it was time to go which usually never ends good at the park, which I did get a lil attitude and a couple no's but no full blown Luke Chavez blow up and I was able to pack them in the car with out wishing I was dead! I was so excited that it went so well that I forgot my precious Sweet tea on top of my car but thankfully some bystanders waved me down before it fell off! And I was thinking double jack pot! Any other day that drink would have spilt all over my car because that’s my luck haha So I wanted to brag all around town but then I realized women do this everyday, some with even more kids! So I thought I would just keep it as my own personal victory and save the momentum for a bigger trip maybe next weekend, who knows where, the sky’s the limit now people!!! I'm back in the running for Mother of the year bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment