Friday, August 5, 2011

This is my Nightmare...

So I want to put a disclaimer out their first before I proceed with this post. This blog is not to scare people off of having kids, there are more good times then bad by a long shot and I WOULDN'T trade it for anything in the world and I love my lil minions more then anything but writing about the debacles is much more funny then our day to day I love you’s, don’t get me wrong I will write about those occasionally, but I find the train wreaks more entertaining as I'm sure you do, its always funny when its happening to some else right!?! On with the (shit) show...

So for those of you who do not share my LOVE for reality TV, (Bill) yesterday was the first "Jersday" of the new season of Jersey Shore. Now I just can’t get enough of this stupid show and enjoy watching it with friends to just discuss the fiascos that unravels each week. It’s dumb, stupid, whatever you want to call it but I love it :) So last night the mini gorilla juice heads and I were on an adventure to the Trewin Adult Hostel (Cody and Meg are staying there while Cody's broken leg heals, Nick "lives" there occasionally when he’s not shacking up with his new lady friend, well she’s probably not new but new to me hahahah, holy sidebar, focus Val!) So I dress Luke up in his finest guido attire and blow his hair out like Pauly D and we are off to Tess's. Ryde is safe at this moment as he’s still a lil young for Mom's humiliation :) So we are watching the past shows before the new one airs, Cody is of course complaining about why we have to watch the old ones, Tess is making dinner, Luke is repeating "outside" a million times a minute, and I once again start thinking "why do I try and take this kid anywhere before he’s 8!" Finally its 8 pm and what I have been waiting for has finally arrived!! But do you think I get to sit down and enjoy it hahaha of course not, Luke, bless his soul, is whinnying about everything, trying to play with the baby mat Ryde is laying in, and just being an all around toddler tool. Repeating things he wants, asking to go play in the dark, harassing the dogs, junkin up Aces baby toys he hasn’t even got to play with, so basically the usual hahaha. I missed half the show because I was trying to read books, get him to eat his dinner Aunt Tess made just for him, and keep him from slipping into a full blown baby melt down. At one point I couldn’t wait for the show to end so we could just go home and go to bed! (Another side bar I had been up since 4:45am thanks to my new work schedule so I could spend more time with the boys now that I’m back to work, seriously reconsidering that decision hahaha sike, I kid I kid! So I’m sure my patience was a lil more thin then normal) The show ends I pack up the boys and we are headed home, but it doesn’t end there, why would it?!? So we are walking to my car and Tess's sprinklers are on which Luke doesn’t really get because its dark out side and he continues to walk right through the yard getting soaked with no shoes on because I thought "we are just walking to the car he doesn’t need to put his shoes on" I was sadly mistaken, as usual, so now he’s pissed that he has wet socks, now I can totally relate to this as I also hate wet socks, just a hour earlier I had to take mine off because I had one wet sock after stepping in water while filling Cody's ice machine, but I didn’t feel it warranted crying about it but he did so I put Ryde down next to the car on the side walk as I try to grab Luke who is still wondering amislly in the wet yard crying because he doesn’t quite get what’s going on and why he has water in his eyes. So I open Luke’s door to let him crawl in my brand new car soaking wet (if that’s not love, I don’t know what is people!) when Tess opens the other side door saying "um well I guess my sprinklers suck because they were spraying on Ryde on the side walk" hahaha of course they were why wouldn’t they be, this is my nightmare. Ryde, like me didn’t find it necessary to cry about being a lil wet which was nice so at least I didn’t have two crying kids on my hands! Ugh so we were finally on our way home and all I’m thinking about is a cold beer and then going straight to bed!!! Of course once we get on our way home Luke turns back in to the sweet lil nugget that he is and starts talking about the moon and that he loves me and I couldn’t help but not be annoyed anymore. I find it quite amazing how easy it is for him to change my mood, because we all now I'm the easily annoyed one as my mom likes to put it, (got to love a mothers sugar coating) and Josh can contest to that haha So we get home and put sweet loving boy to bed, aka toddler tool and start the process for getting baby tool to bed. And was officially in bed by 10:30 to start it all over again in 6 hours. Man oh man I have a greater appreciation for my parents as I’m sure big Luke and I were a couple of toddler tools our selves! Till our next failed attempt as an outing together, as Luke would say “later dudes”



Tee Shirt time!

No comments:

Post a Comment