Monday, August 8, 2011

My baby is 2 months old today!

Holy 2 months batman! I can’t believe that Ryde is 2 months old today. He’s definitely out of his new born stage which I have mix feelings about. I’m sad that he’s growing so fast and that this is my last baby so I’ll never have a new born again which makes me really sad but that will pass :) I do love that he’s sleeping longer in between feedings during the night, about 5 hours now, and that he’s smiling and working so hard on those neck muscles! He has the cutest “O” face while he does it too. He can do a half roll from stomach to side consistently and has done a full roll once from front to back. It’s so funny because he always seems like he has something to say and is trying so hard to voice it. He’s definitely my serious baby as of now; he has this serious face and is always just trying to figure things out. I love that he’s more snuggly now and doesn’t seem so fragile and he’s has the chunkiest chipmunk cheeks that I can’t get enough of. When we do tummy time on mom’s tummy I just kiss them over and over when he rests his head, some of my favorite time right now! He loves to try and stand and work on his leg muscles, he’s already in such a hurry to grow up which is only going to get worse once he starts trying to do everything he sees Luke doing. He’s “talking” and cooing now which is too cute and I have a few videos I’ll upload when I get home, it’s just so precious that he thinks he’s really saying something. He’s getting a little better with giving me a break to do things when he’s awake but I use the word little loosely! Maybe once or twice a day he’ll entertain himself for 10 to 15 mins or so when he’s awake so I can try to pick up after the toddler tornado that blows through our house daily or attempt to eat something hahaha while it’s still hot. He has had an ultra sound and a VCUG (they pump fluid and dye into his bladder through a catheter and take x-rays of his kidneys and bladder to make sure they are doing what they are suppose to) to monitor his enlarge Kidneys and there is still some fluid in them but everything seems to be functioning properly so he will have another ultrasound at 6 months to see if the fluid is still there or not. I’m finally starting to get our routine down with less meltdowns on ALL our parts which is nice ;) He goes in for his 2 month check up on Wednesday and I’ll update you on his weight and height and see how much he’s grown since he was 2 weeks old!! Two months has gone by so fast and doesn’t seem like a long time in the grand scheme of things but I feel like he’s been here forever and can’t imagine life with out him. I’ve been so very blessed with my 2 lil men and thank god daily for them. Just wish time would slow down just a lil!

No comments:

Post a Comment