Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And Sleep

So we made it out of WA alive, DUI free, and Drama free! We had such an awesome time and as always didn’t want to leave. The first day Josh was already talking about wanting to move there, I had to tell him to tone it down, he forgets that this rats nest that sits on top of my head doesn't do well in the humidity. If he thinks i look like a hot mess after a night of drinking imagine adding humidity to the mix!

Jesse and Lisa were the best hostesses ever and I would recommend their "bed and breakfast" for any one visiting! We are truly lucky to have them. Luke had an awesome time hanging out with his cousins but is still a lil young to participate in all the mischief that the sneaky ninjas (Jude and Madden) were getting into.

Our first plane ride with Luke went… lets say tolerable hahaha. Of course Josh thought it went completely fine but he is not as aware of others around him as I am to put it nicely. I feel bad for the guy who sat in front of Josh and Luke because he must of thought there was a mosh pit going on behind him considering Luke was kicking his seat which seemed like the entire flight to me. The guy finally leaned forward to nap which lowered my anxiety a lil. And not to mention the dreadful flight attendant who wouldn’t let me wait in line to change Luke’s diaper. I tried to be nice but she was having none of it so I had to send Josh up there to get it done. Sure enough he was next in the bathroom, and I decided I didn’t really want to know what was said up there haha. I was so exhausted on our flight home that I didn’t really have the energy to worry about how he was going to act and naturally he slept the entire flight!


On his first flight!

Arriving in Seattle

Slept the entire way back!


Seth and Allison’s wedding reception was a great time, but wouldn’t have expected anything less. If nothing else this family knows how to throw a party! Luke got to wear his lil brown suit for the first time, and looked so handsome! The next day I was looking at the pics we took on the camera and my cousin Nick asked to see them and I realized that we must have took about 50 pictures and 47 of them were of Luke. (Trying to totally redeem myself for taking none of him at his 1st super bowl) yep so we have none of the family that we don’t get to see very often. So once again I’m fired as family photographer. We had a few chardonnays, we danced, we ate some good food, all in all it was a great night! The ride home was even better… unfortunately what happens in a car just outside of Puyallup WA stays in Puyallup WA! Lets just say there was singing, car dancing, open containers, spitting, car doors opening, and an awfully nice police officer.



Lisa, Lacey and I had a really nice girls day on Friday and it was the most sober fun I have had in a long time! We did some baby shopping and talked pregnancy talk with Lacey who was pissed about all the stuff they don’t tell you about pregnancy till you're already pregnant, which I told if we knew everything no one would be getting pregnant! I can’t remember the last time I laughed that much in a long time and can't wait to meet her lil man!

We had dinner at Aunt Vana and Uncle Mark's house on Sunday, which is always a good time. We had some great food, great company and got to watch USA beat Canada which is an even better time! I don't know what it is about that house but its so inviting and homie, Its just a nice place to relax. Lil Laine was such a sweat heart he wanted to blow up his ball pit so Luke could get in and have some fun



Overall it was a great trip, got to see a lot of family, came out with a lot of new inside jokes, checking into rehab, and a new appreciation for traveling with children!

~More pics to come off our camera, these are all from my phone

1 comment:

  1. VERY NICE BLOG SKILLS YOU HAVE OBTAINED! I am impressed, of course. Umm YES, lots of new inside jokes which makes everything so much more enjoyable. In the words of Elton "How wonderful my life is because you're in the world." Or something. And wake.

    ReplyDelete