Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking into that happy pill I've heard so much about

So my lil family is taking our first trip, (of many hopefully) out to Tacoma Washington tomorrow and I am having quite a bit of anxiety about taking a baby on a plane. Now to be honest here, before I had Luke I was definitely one of those people who was annoyed by crying babies on planes, restaurants, stores, ok any crying baby in my vicinity annoyed me. Now some would say I’m easily annoyed but those people are usually annoying so I take those comments for what they are worth which is usually nada. But now that those stupid tables have turned as they usually do so often, and I am now a proud owner of my very own “crying” baby. Now usually Luke Chavez is a Saint but lets not lie the kid is a freaking Chavez and we all know what that means, so this is where my anxiety picks up. If you don’t give him what he wants the shit, well you know where it’s going. So all week I have been planning on ways to keep him entertained, which usually involves some type of eating, but childhood obesity is on the rise so he can’t eat for the whole 2 hours, can he!?! I also hear it’s frowned upon to give your kids unneeded “medicine” to take a nap so hopefully the baby trail mix I made with his favorite snacks and a couple new toys will tie him over so he doesn’t realize, oh that we are 35,000 feet in the air traveling at an approximate 500 mph. Because we all know mom is fully aware of this and will need her own form of relaxation on the flight a.k.a. shots! Lets just hope those fortunate travelers rolling solo keep their “concerns” to muttering under their breath like I once did. For their sake lets hope I don’t hear any of them hahaha. Wish us luck! Can’t wait to see the crew in WA soon! Peace and Love Bitches!

1 comment: